Refuse and Recycling Pickup
Through Olson Sanitation the village now offers residents single sort recycling. Single sort recycling refers to a system in which all paper fibers, plastics, metals, and other containers are mixed in a collection truck. In single-stream, both the collection and processing systems are designed to handle this fully commingled mixture of recyclables.
Refuse & Recycling - Information (rates, how to, etc.) flyer
What to Recycle
- GLASS bottles & jars
- ALUMINUM, tin & steel cans & lids
- PLASTICS #1-7 bottles, jugs, jars & food tubs
- PAPER, flattened cardboard, newspaper & magazines
- NO plastic bags/film - gather the stretchy plastic separately (bring to your local grocery store, Target or Walmart)
- NO used paper products - used napkins, plates, cups etc. (they can be composted)
Visit St. Croix County’s recycling website to learn more about how to Recycle Right, hazardous waste disposal, county collection events, the A-Z Recycling & Disposal guide and much more.
Fall 2021 Newsletter
Fall 2021 Newsletter
- What to Recycle and how to Recycle Right:Link-St Croix County website
- A-Z Recycling and Disposal Guide - Link-St Croix County website
- Collection Events for Tire, Appliance, Electronics and Hazardous Waste: Link-St Croix County website
- Recycling in St Croix County - informational video
- Like and Follow-St Croix County Recycling on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sccwirecycling
- Watch St Croix County recycling video on YouTube: LINK
- “Your Wasteline” recycling newsletter: Link to St Croix County website
Grass clippings, leaves, and bundled cut-up branches are collected curbside from the beginning of March through the end of November.
- Place tree branches and brush that is bundled in less than 4 foot lengths and under 50 pounds curbside.
- Leaves and grass must be in compostable bags weighing less than 50 lbs. Compostable bags may be purchased at most hardware stores. Non-compostable bags are unacceptable and will not be collected.
- Please call the Public Works Department 715-247-5555 and provide the address where yard waste pick-up is needed. The yard waste will be picked up within the week.
- Please keep yard waste separate from consumer waste and refuse collection containers.